Bang's Blogs: Bubsy vs Gex

 

“What were they thinking?!” -James Rolfe


Bubsy T. Bobcat, the paw-some pun-isher.


Gex the Gecko, the most media savvy to ever do it.


It’s the mid 90s. 2D platformers are all the rage, and a certain Italian plumber and blue hedgehog have an absolute stranglehold on the genre. With all trailblazers, of course, will come those riding on their coattails in search of equal or greater glory. As a result, we’ve got two mascots of the times. If they’re not flapping their gums for pop culture references, they’re getting up to some grade A mischief while saving the day. Is Bubsy too furrocious an opponent for the lizard to handle, or does Gex steal the show yet again and change the channel on the kitty’s lease on life? That’s what we’re here to figure out in this-


Purr-sonally, I don’t have anything against saving 15% or more on car insurance! 


You’d be right at home on Saturday Night Live, puddy cat! (Ahem, readers, that’s code for “Ech!”)


IT’S TIME FOR A DEATH BATTLE!


Before We Start…

We’ll be looking at all of the games for both, as well as any canonical supplementary material for both. That’s about it, really, these two do not have much to cover.


And a crying shame that is!


When is the Gex live action feature, eh?

Background

Bubsy

This is a story all about how- wait, that’s not it, uh- A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away (eh, close enough), these pesky aliens called the Woolies wanted to steal all the world’s yarn, and me being a cat, how the heck could I allow that?! I fur-iously jumped into action and kicked, scratched, and clawed my way through their forces, preserving my precious yarn and saving the entire universe! (Disclaimer: Bubsy cannot necessarily be credited with- Zzzzzzzip! Saved the universe! And it wasn’t the last time either, those guys are really gluttons for paw-nishment. 


Gex

After having my own father killed in an explosion at NASA, I bottled up my emotions and became obsessed with TV. Some time after this incident, my rich Uncle Charlie would pass away and leave his fortune to my family. With his cut, I would go on to buy the biggest house on Maui, fill it with the world's largest TV set, and enough food to last me a whole decade I tell you! I  would promptly seal myself inside and live out my life-long dream of watching television 24/7. One day while watching TV, I ate a passing fly, thinking nothing of it. However, as it turns out, it was a transmitter sent by that evil disgusting tin can Rez who's intent on taking over the world and making me his new dumb TV network mascot in the process. With the transmitter stuck in my stomach and my coordinates locked in, Rez reaches through my TV screen and pulls me  into the Media Dimension, until I the badass lizard around however, manages to fight my way out of his evil clutches and collect every remote control in the Media Dimension. With every remote in my hand, I faced off against Rez who seems to possibly be my father, and kicked his tin can ass! Him and I will continue to fight to this day. I also became partners with  a stunning woman named Agent Xtra and we went out. To this day, I Gex the Gecko, remain out here saving television, having some “time” with my girl, and foil Rez’s schemes. I am one radical lizard, a tier above a certain unnamed puddy tat….

Experience & Skill

Bubsy

Bubsy is very naturally athletic and acrobatic. He can run for long periods of time and is an incredible jumper, able to carry an impressive streak of momentum as he navigates his way through a level. I’m also a very smart bobcat.  I have many items up my sleeve and could even create rockets. I have been fighting these darn woolies for many years and still haven’t stopped no matter what plan they’re going for! I have even foiled Ally Cassandra and her minions Boz and Sid from stealing the virtual reality helmet! I also have been through fairy tales and saved many children throughout the world and saved Mother Goose. I’m one cool ole bobcat!

Gex

As I explore into the very depths of the greats of television, I have faced many enemies in the past. To ninjas, ghosts, aliens or even freaking Elmer friggin Fudd! I have been through a lot of crap to get my hands on that tin can… Btw I can learn Kung Fu, know a lot of puzzles, and was a wrestler baby!  James Bond would be proud. Oh did you know I created my own version of the freaking BATCAVE? Eat my shorts Batman!

Equipment

Bubsy

Numbered T-Shirts

Bubsy’s source of extra lives that can come in either 1s or 2s.


Black T-Shirts

When Bubsy wears these, he turns into “Shadow Bubsy” and becomes invisible for around 20 seconds.


Flashing T-Shirts

A flashing variation of his t-shirt; Bubsy can wear these to become invincible and phase through enemies like nobody's business.


Portable Hole

By selecting the Portable Hole, Bubsy can escape the level or this geeky blog and return to the hub world. 


Diving Suit

When traveling 20,000 leagues under the sea, Bubsy can don this aquatic armor to traverse underwater as if he was on land. (You know how us cats hate getting wet…)


Smart Bomb

This bomb acts as a screen-wide nuke that is able to destroy all enemies and turn them into marbles. You can tell it’s smart cuz of the graduation cap. College is a scam, by the way. Take it from someone who gave it the old college try!


Nerf Bazooka™

Yes, the real life toy. Bubsy can use this toy gun to fire Nerf Balls™ that turn enemies into cards for some reason. (The whimsy of promotional deals!)

Jetpack

Just a regular Jetpack, allowing Bubsy to fly.


Bubble

While underwater, Bubsy has accessed a full-body bubble to protect himself from running out of air. 


HAH! Take that you stupid blue bum! I don't drown as easily as you do!


We'll see about that…

TV Remote

This TV Remote Bubsy has access to, which he uses during the pause screen of Bubsy 3D, can manipulate the settings of the player's TV and cause some wacky effects, like warping the screen or messing with the sharpness.


Ripoff…


Hey get out of my section gecko!


Whatever you say bobcat.

Corndog Bomb


A real corndog that can blow people up, I used this to trick any silly minds!

Reality Helmet

This is BY FAR the most powerful and dangerous weapon for Bubsy, a helmet that through thinking of anything and blinking twice can do whatever its wearer desires. An important thing here is that you must be extremely specific when thinking, because the helmet can bring terrible consequences, an example of this would be the time that Bubsy thought of flying and sent him several meters up, which almost caused his death. Also the fact that in case of an overload, the helmet can explode, killing the wearer. Some examples of what the helmet can do is to alter reality, call monster trucks to you , give you food, create your own TV show and make you defeat the bad guys.


That’s right! This baby would definitely screw Gex over!

Vehicles

Biplane

A biplane Bubsy can use when he needs to take flight.


Spaceship

Bubsy’s interstellar variant of the Biplane for when he needs to battle Woolies.


Gex

Remotes

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/gex/images/f/f4/Remote_Control.png/revision/latest?cb=20200714203341

These babies are my main way to get out of any world. A gecko’s gotta get around! A world remote lets me boom to another world, but a level remote lets me turn on the TVs nearby in the level. There’s about…50 levels worth of remotes! This is probably the part where Bang takes a shortcut and links you to the rest of the remotes. 


…No link?

Bonus Items

Power-Up TVs.pngBlue Fly TV.png

A guy’s gotta eat, and these superflys satisfy the munchies while giving me superpowers. Each one has a different power once I chow down, but all of them are pretty useful in my adventures.

  • Green Fly - Hey, in case I wasn't a big fat pile of proof of this, Green is good. This little bug proves me right even more, like how it gives an extra life to the old Gexster.

  • Red Fly - Not sure why this one's the color of the punctuation on that idiots shirt, but it's cool enough to ignore. This bad boy turns me completely Invincible for about 30 seconds, and in that time huh you can't make me flinch. It also boosts my agility, and lets me walk on lava no problem.

  • Blue Fly - Aw great. Now I'm the color of a big rat who can't even outrun his dooming Deviantart. Well, at least it fully restores any health I've lost to put me in tip top condition for flipping off PETA by dragging a discount Heathcliff through the dirt.


Power-Up Bugs


In my first adventure, I could pick up different items that granted me different powers depending on the insect species, although, curiously, none of these powers had anything to do with the insect species!

  • Amber Balls: Fills an empty hit paw. 

  • Ladybug: Little bugger restores all my health!

  • Flea: Oh brother! I got an extra hit paw and the rest refilled!

  • Butterfly: I get an extra life!

  • Blue Firefly: Oh-ho, now we’re talking. I can shoot balls of ice from my hand! But it doesn’t last after using the power-up once. 

  • Red Firefly: Fire in the hole! I can shoot fireballs from my hand. I can also be on fire yippee!

  • Yellow Firefly: Careful, I might short your power while reading with my electricity powers!

  • Grasshopper: Ya-hoo! A super jump! Wait a minute…

  • Centipede: Now this one just doesn’t make any sense, why is a centipede used to represent super speed? 

  • Caterpillar: Grants me invincibility, but when have caterpillars been invincible? I gotta go back to school…

  • Green Firefly: This lil ole fly grants me limited power to shoot slime at people for them to get stuck with. What am I an exorcist?

Costumes

In Gex 2 and Gex 3, every time I enter a level I have to wear a different costume to fit the theme of that level, I am a multifaceted baby, they bring out my cute, sexy and heroic side! A few of them have some use though, such as:


Mad Dash Racing Power-Ups

  • Psycho Chicken: A chicken-shaped guided missile that homes in on foes and explodes.

  • Blob Bombs: Green glowing blobs that can be set down which explode on contact like mines.

  • Bouncy Fruit: Bouncing explosive projectiles shaped like fruit.

  • Ribbon of Pain: A tron-like trail of energy that trails behind him, stunning anybody who touches it.

  • Disco Ball: A shield that gives Gex temporary invincibility plus a speed boost.

  • Freeze All: Freezes all other racers on the track, forcing them to struggle to escape with a button prompt.

Tommy Gun

Gangster TV goons beware! I’ve got .45 caliber bullets!

Vehicles

 Humps

         

A camel that helps Gex traverse through hot sand dunes that would normally make him sink into the ground. It is not combat applicable though.

     Paunch

Gex’s kangaroo helper that can jump to higher heights than him and can create powerful punches and kicks to enemies.

Scales

Gex’s Crocodile helper that helps him cross through water without any issue.

Tank

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/gex/images/0/0e/Gex_Tank.png/revision/latest?cb=20200825031647

My big ole tank! Made by the crew from G.I Joe this baby can fire explosive shells from the cannon at Rez’s stupid tanks.

Snowboard

My very own snowboard for your average snowboarding.  I can do some tony hawk flips and could even dismember enemies with it.

Abilities

Bubsy

Pounce

Bubsy, well, pounces. He’s a kitty cat. I’d say “Hear me roar”, but my doctor says I’m straining my throat as it is! 


Ayo?


nah shut up man

Gliding

As a bobcat, Bubsy can naturally glide through the air by stretching his arms out and riding the winds. Wait, no, that doesn’t make any sense- Nobody complains when the doofy echidna does it.

4th Wall Breaking/Awareness

You! Yeah, you! That’s right, I can see you, the slob behind the screen with the cruddy combover, who are you tryna impress, your mom’s friends? I’m aware of pretty much any media that I’m in, so treat me nice, or you’ll be hearing from my lawyers! 

Toon Force

Yeah you heard right. I can turn myself into a puddle easy-peasy, and come back from it good as new! Though you can have the same experience of melting from shame by playing Gex's games! Ah right, this is a ‘vs’ blog, so you should probably know I can hit intangible beings…now what does that mean?

Resistances


Gex

Tail Whip

Every high-class platformer like me needs an ol’ reliable. That needlepoint guy spins in a ball, the Australian rat spins in a circle, so I decided to be original and spin my tail, unlike those amateurs. With my prehensile popper here, I can swing it around to hit you like a cement truck (and it ain't the only heavy thing I'm swinging, ladies) to smash any enemy into sparkling dust.

Tail Bounce

When it's time to jump, man, do I got the tools to take that horribly aged plumber to school. By bouncing on my Tail, I can reach higher areas, and get some serious airtime if the grounds got some bounce…uh, things on it.

Wall Crawling Climbing

Woah, woah, almost got sued for a sec. I'm not trying to have Marvel get their hands on me and eventually become a crappy live action movie for furries to get freaky to. Anyways, being a Gecko, I have suction cup feet that let me climb up a bunch of walls if they are able to be climbed on, or even a rocket.

Run-N-Jump 

Remember that tail jump thing I said earlier? Yeah this is what I meant. By running like I run from the IRS, I can jump way farther, especially when I add my Tail Bounce to the mix. 

Gelatinous Tongue Lash

Alright, stop it right there. Gex. Why on earth did you name it THAT?


What? You got a better idea?


No, because it's not my job to come up with your move names. It's just you spitting some good at people that can act as a concussive force, restrain others, mess with weapon functions, slip up vehicles, or short-circuit electronics, and the best you can come up with is Gelatinous Tongue Lash?


Oh by all means buster, show me your brilliant ideas for a name. Its gotta be better than your fanfiction avatar, Mr. Milkyuwu69-


(The following portion of this blog was censored due to an extended fight breaking out between a writer who shall not be named and a certain lizard. This event ended with both committing several war crimes and subsequently ending up in the hospital next to each other, where they continued attempting murder while in full-body casts)

Homing Attack

Being the coolest gecko in my galaxy, it's obvious to think that my whole body is just as awesome as I am, so yes, my tail seems to have magical properties that allow me to return projectiles that my enemies throw at me, take that, in your face!

Non-Physical Interaction

Yeah that’s right I can kill ghosts, baby!

Tongue-Swing

So, you sure you're not trying to rip-off Spider-Ma–


Oh go suck a lemon. I swing from objects with my tongue. That's totally different. Also don’t google Gex tongue-swing, you’ll get something different.


If you say so.

Not like you have the money to pay for a lawsuit anyway these days…

4th Wall Breaking

Gex has shown this ability at the end of the first game where he mocks the player for being too good. . He knows he’s a fictional character. Especially since I’m talking here.

Size Manipulation

While it varies through television, Gex can change his size from being the size of a bug to being the size of a frigging city block sized kaiju.

Resistances


Forms

Bubsy

None notable.

Gex

Powered-Up Gex

During his final battle with Rez in the Gex novel, he consumed flies that drastically altered his powers beyond anything before had in a super-state. In this state, he's never been stronger, and all his attacks are super-charged versions of themselves, such as the Tongue Lash. While they do run out after a time to where he needs to eat more, their power boost more than makes up for it, as do his extra abilities spewing icicles or fireballs from his mouth instead of his normal goop. He can even fire an ultimate tongue lash to spread through Rez's system and destroy him for good.


Feats

Bubsy

Overall

  • Defeated the Woolies several times

  • Journeyed through the depths of space

  • Saved the world's storybook fairy tales and rescued Mother Goose

  • Defeated Oinker P. Hamn when traveling through time

  • Makes Deadpool look tolerable…

  • Extra, extra! “Quote dispenser has first ever original thought!” 

Power

Speed

Durability


Gex

Overall

  • The Gex franchise sold 15 million copies in total.

  • Saved the Media Dimension many times for the evil hands of Rez.

  • Got a uhh..Interesting relationship with the Agent Xtra.

  • Is one of the few protagonists of platform games that didn't die due to lack of sales.

  • I made Bang do two spies blogs in a row, that's how cool I am.

  • Takes all the debonair out of 007!

  • You wouldn’t know debonair if it whacked your furry hide, Garfield.

  • Can play golf!

Power

Speed

Durability

Weaknesses

Bubsy

Even though I'm the ultimate male and sexy beast in yo mama's sheets, I'm not that much of a perfect hero. My entire motto “what could possibly go wrong?” is just a giant sign I don't exactly think things through for jumping into action. Also, I ain't exactly the sharpest claw on the paw, and I haven't utilized my best gear, like my helmet, to their best due to that. 


My franchise is also dead.

Gex

I know that in this blog I've talked about how cool I am (because I am!) but, seriously speaking, nobody is perfect, including me. Since the...passing of my father, my life has changed a lot, and although I have lived many adventures against many enemies, I have seen that I also have my own faults. My power ups are incredible, but they are not infinite, and in a bad carelessness they could run out, besides, my personality is not the best in some occasions, being able to be quite confident and egocentric in many occasions, which can put me at a disadvantage in some occasions.

Scaling

Bubsy

Not surprised! I’m the top dog- er, top bobcat in the manger!

Gex

Rez

My worst and most annoying enemy, Rez, has always been there to try to conquer the media dimension, or more importantly, to try to destroy me! As the great hero that I am, I have always defeated him in his evil plans, so obviously I upscale all his feats.

Cosmology

NO NO NO NO NO NO

Gex/The Media Dimension

Gex has called the Media Dimension a world occasionally, but it's far more likely it's much bigger. 


Inside it are several channels that make up the Dimension, which are interchangeable with levels in context. This matters because individual levels have very consistent statements of being worlds all on their own from reliable sources like Gex, Rez, Agent Xtra, or inhabitants of these areas. Gex has even raced past all these worlds while in space on a trip to battle Rez, while also noting there were star-filled backgrounds beyond his space station. 


As for set-in-stone locations for these worlds, there have been officially stated forests, volcanoes, entire cities, space stations


Rez's plan was to take control of all TV channels everywhere, which was all TV period. This was apparently a problem on a universal scale, as game guides have referred to Gex stopping Rez's plans as “saving the universe” yet again.


Before The Verdicts

MFTL Bubsy?

In the newer Bubsy games, the bodacious bobcat can keep up with Woolie spacecraft. This is important because the Woolie's previously traveled to Earth from their own planet, which is around 2 Light-Years away in this example. Seems pretty straightforward to scale to Bubsy right? Well, not really. The main issue with this is we aren't given any real timeframe on how long this took, with nothing to really gauge it for a lowball. There's also the matter that this likely wasn't even travel speed to begin with. Essentially, right before the Woolies left, they specifically noted that they were warping space around them. They can warp reality with their presence as well, but it was outright noted that their Yarn/fuel consumption was them warping the fabric of space right before. Therefore, it's much more likely this was the cause of their coming to Earth, and even then, lack of a timeframe means Bubsy doesn't really benefit from this.


MFTL Gex?

Moving on to Gex's MFTL argument, it's fairly simple. He hops on a ship that pilots through space to Rez's space station, then hops off it onto a space station accurately, meaning he'd have to have similar reactions to do so. Like Bubsy, you can poke plenty of holes in this. For one thing, he didn't pilot the ship there; it was auto-piloted by the ship's computer. For another, we also don't know how much time this took, or how far he traveled. However, we can make estimates in comparison to Bubsy lacking a timeframe altogether. The scene takes place across a relatively short time in context, and Gex mentions flying past all the worlds of the media dimension whilst doing so. At a minimum, we can assume he traveled to a place similar to our solar system, especially given after passing all of these he felt like he was really in deep space. You could argue this more if you want to, but we'll save that for the verdicts.

The Atom Splitting Feat

(MARKIPLIER?)

If you're familiar with Gex in vs terms, you're probably aware of his infamous feat from the Novel. In short, he claims to have shattered multiple aliens into millions of electrons with a tail swing, which would mean destruction on the subatomic level. This would get hundreds of kilotons through just assuming the aliens were human (they are book only and that's the lowest estimate due to that) but it's more debatable to give this to him than you'd think. 


First off, the book is not exactly 1:1 with Gex 3, the game it's based on. There are a few differences here and there, like how each level in the game is switched to a more form-fitting title, like Graveyard and Anime World instead of their actual in-game names. The novel also implies Gex's real name is Gecko Extraordinaire, and that his hideout is in the Media Dimension, despite both being not the case in the games. So, you could make the argument the game is non-canon…but these are likely just writer liberties and no case really breaks the story in any meaningful way. 


Next, you could simply say this is hyperbole. Gex is narrating the story himself after all, and he would 100% hype himself up like this if given the opportunity. However, it's not that unfounded. Gex destroying enemies has always reduced them to nothingness in a flash of sparkles like this would entail, and in manuals for the games his attacks have been described as pulverizing or disintegrating his foes. The clear indicator is that Gex's attacks leave nothing left of his opponents, just like this would mean, and the other examples support that he fully destroys them. So our only real way to debunk this is saying Gex is lying, which isn't the best argument when he recounts his past down to the letter, and fully acknowledges people give him hard battles instead of just saying he'd win no difficulty.


Essentially, the only thing you could debunk this with is assuming Gex is lying given the context of his games and his attacks, which we have no evidence for. 

Gex's Computer Conundrum

In the Game Boy port of Gex 2: Enter The Gecko, the tubular lizard can dodge electricity inside circuit boards, which moves 50 - 90% the speed of light. This might sound far-fetched, but it's actually fairly solid all things considered. The level is named Circuit Central, and bears circuits on the level select logo. It is pretty blatantly a circuit board, and the electricity in question you dodge comes from circuit lines and segments, just like a real Circuit board. The actual level in the main versions of Gex 2 is the exact same situation; circuit board logo, jumping around inside technology, and it's even called “Honey, I shrunk the Gecko,” which is yet another big indicator he's running around in technology there. As for speed consistency, this electricity is actually quite slow to Gex, and he's even capable of running just as fast as it, let alone simply moving in tandem with or jumping away from it.


Does Gex Scale To His Cosmology?

Given how much Gex involves the Media Dimension, it's obvious most of you reading are curious if he scales to this in any way. Starting off with context, Gex would obviously scale to Rez, who planned to take over each and every TV Channel. These exploits are also referred to as Gex “saving the universe”. The main arguments would be through the Remotes, which can shut off or destroy TV's that contain things like planets or stars. Not only has Gex used these himself, but shrugged off attacks from Rez, which do the same thing. 


From that angle, you could argue it, but at the same time argue against it. By their very nature as remotes, it's questionable if these devices are destroying the TV's through power or an ability, due to being, y'know, remotes. Therefore, you can also question Gex tanking them to begin with given it's never confirmed if they are turning them off through power or hax, though you can make arguments for either case. 


At the end of the day, we didn't think it mattered much to the blogs debate to really settle this, so y'all can come to your own conclusions on if you think this is right or not.

Bonus Fanart!

(lolhorsebage)


(BliNxBOI)

Fight Script

Please feel free to check out a short but sweet script made for this fight by community member Spidey. Enjoy the rest of the blog and thank you very much.


Gee these nerds are really dedicated to us!


Crystal Dynamics could use some prospects…

Verdict

Stats

Well, after that fiasco (finally locked those bastards outside) it's time for the Verdict. What could possibly go wrong? Starting with the stat trinity, Bubsy is rather outclassed by Gex. Both of them casually destroy metal objects and large vehicles in single attacks, but for Bubsy, we can only assume this gets a high-yield like disintegration for one, whereas Gex has been directly stated to do this with his strikes. Beyond that, Bubsy really doesn't have anything of note in terms of power, while Gex has shaken entire mountains and apparently shattered aliens on a subatomic level. Just the mountain example is already 25 tons of TNT, but the alien electron smash gets over 130 Kilotons, which are both LEAGUES higher than Bubsy's showings have strength.


Moving on to speed, things fare similarly saddening for our furious feline. Bubsy can dodge machine electricity and soundwaves, likely getting supersonic to hypersonic values, but Gex can dodge gunfire, missiles, magical lightning, and even dodge circuitboard electricity. He's even run directly into fast as it, and reminder, this kind of electricity moves at least half the speed of light. Granted, you could try and scale Bubsy to the Woolie ships, which can potentially travel 2 Light-Years, but the lack of a timeframe and spatial warping before they left makes this very iffy as an actual argument. However, let's say you did this anyway. In that case, Bubsy would be faster…but if you allowed that, we could then talk about Gex's Media Dimension escapades. In the novel, Gex hops on a ship that flies through space, past multiple channels of the Media Dimension, in only a short time, and leaps off the ship onto a space station at the end by reacting in time. This holds the same debatable nature as Bubsy's feat, where whatever you assume to have him faster, Gex can match, and especially with speed boosting power-ups. 


Let's lay down some brief numbers to support this. Assuming the Woolies ship took about a week for the trip (they went through extensive planning about this prior and spoke of pit stops apparently) this would be around 100 times faster than light in traveling 2 light-years. For Gex's side, let's use a baseline example of the ship he leaped off flying out of the solar system given it Flew by multiple planets and Gex noted it flew into deep space. The edge of the solar system is around 9.3 Trillion miles away, meaning flying there in even something as long as a full hour would be nearly 14,000 times faster than light, meaning Gex would hold the speed edge regardless.


So as far as stats go, Gex holds large edges in all relevant areas with similar levity to both.


Arsenal & Abilities

Now, moving on, let's get to the gear these two bring to the table. Bubsy can wield shirts to make himself invisible or invincible, and carries weapons like the nerf gun and AOE smart bomb (both of which can transmute Gex if they land). He's also used a Jetpack, a portable hole to warp from place to place, a remote that can mess with your TV, and even the reality warping Helmet, which is capable of destroying the entire planet. He's even used minor toonforce, and can come back from melting into a puddle.


On Gex's side, he always carries remotes to warp from channel to channel, several flies/bugs to restore lost health or turn invincible, as well as others to boost his speed or grant elemental powers like fire and ice. In Karting games, he has also utilized invincible shields, or frozen people in place across the track. His Tongue Lash can also restrain foes or gunk up their weapons, and his power-up state is a massive stat boost that lets him burp fireballs or icicles. Looking at them in comparison, both have their fair share of useful weapons and powers, but Gex simply has better and more reliable options.


Both of them can access invincible superforms, but Gex has multiple means and different tools to do so compared to Bubsy's singular method, and more on his person as well. Bubsy's invisibility could be tricky, but Gex can simply launch any attack he throws right back at him via homing attack without a problem. Of course, Bubsy could likely oneshot Gex vis his transmutation weapons like the Nerf Gun and Smart Bomb, with the latter being a large AOE move nonetheless. This also includes the reality warping Helmet, which is able to one-shot Gex with its powers…sort of, we'll explain later. However, recall that Gex's tongue lash can mess with weapon functions and shut off technology. This alone would allow him to shut all of these options down without a problem.


This technology counter is also a problem when you look at Bubsy's 4th Wall shenanigans on the TV being shut off as well, and even worse when you compare technological capacity. While Bubsy can teleport to places at will through his portable hole, Gex can do the same thing to a much wider variety of areas, and bring the bobcat to new areas he's never seen before to disorient him. Aside from that, Bubsy really doesn't have much that Gex can't counter or just shut down at will, while Gex has still more to cover. His ways to shoot fire and ice are rather useful here, as are speed boosts and large stat amps through his superform. Even worse, his Karting power-ups grant him the ability to freeze Bubsy in place via AOE, countering Smart Bomb arguments, and making him a veritable sitting duck. Of course, even if Bubsy had gotten past all of this by some miracle, Gex could chow down on one of his several insects to restore any lost health, erasing any progress made on Bubsy’s end.


Now, while the reality-warping helmet is undoubtedly Bubsy’s best tool, and the reality warping functions could easily one-shot Gex without a problem due to it being able to warp reality itself to suit whatever Bubsy wants, there’s a few problems. First of all, Bubsy has literally never used this thing in a proper fight. While yeah, he COULD use it to wish Gex away or the like, he’s never actually done so, and he’s not… smart enough to actually do so, considering his general track record is to attack first and not think. Combined with Gex being able to disrupt it, and while it is a wincon for Bubsy, it isn’t really a reliable one in the slightest.


So, when comparing arsenals, Gex undoubtedly takes the win. 


Tertiary Factors 

This is a very straightforward section to tell the truth, both have been fighting their enemies for about the same amount of time, but Gexs enemies have been much, MUCH more varied, from ninjas, fanstamas, zombies, pirates, cartoons, every generic TV trope is something Bubsy has faced, while the woolies are not as incompetent as they appear to be, Rez is someone much more menacing and powerful than them, so Gex would take this category.


In terms of skill, Gex is recognized as a great spy, and a moderately competent kung fu fighter and wrestler, while Bubsy is really a wrestler. Gex has a lot more showings here, especially given his spy skills, meaning he pretty cleanly takes skill as well.


In terms of intelligence, Bubsy is really known for being a... dummy, even though he is impressive at defeating the woolies many times, he is not a very smart guy as he is capable of making mistakes like using the virtual reality helmet in a reckless manner, like when he was told he had to be very specific with his wishes and he didn't listen. Meanwhile, Gex, while not exactly a genius, has proven to be more competent in situations like this, such as being a detective and being able to solve a mystery based on clues, or being able to create his own lair, so the winner of this section is Gex.


So, yes, although Bubsy should not be underestimated, Gex simply has much more experience, skill and intelligence.


Conclusion


"What could possibly go wrong?"

Advantages:

  • Reality Helmet is better than any gadget Gex has..

  • Nerf Bazooka can Incap Gex…

  • More Games 

  • He…Uhhhh..He is Bubsy, and that’s the only thing that matters


Disadvantages:

  • …But Bubsy is too slow (and stupid) to use it

  • Reality Helmet could also just be broken by Gex’s Tongue Lash

  • Inferior in skill or experience

  • …Bux Gex’s homing attack can just reflect the shots 

  • Far weaker in strength and durability

  • Broke Door (she had to replay Bubsy 3D and found jackshit) Okay, I can’t really defend this one



"It’s tail time!"

Advantages:

  • Statstomps horribly, with or without cosmic Gex

  • Can amp his stats with power-up bugs and restore any health lost at any point

  • Can match Bubsy’s invincible form and has several different options to become invincible

  • His Tongue Lash can shut down all of Bubsy’s technology, including the helmet

  • Can freeze Bubsy in place at any point with AOE no less

  • Superior teleportation methods

  • Isn’t as reliant on arsenal

  • Smarter, Skilled and Experienced

  • Games aren’t dogshit (Ouch.)

  • Actually got laid 

  • I’M LIKED BY SCOTT THE WIZ BABY!


Disadvantages:

  • Less impressive hax

  • Virtual Reality Helmet could be a problem

  • Only had 3 games sad


In conclusion, this match is… very, very clear cut. In terms of stats, Gex takes an astounding lead over Bubsy - even ignoring his potential cosmic arguments, Gex should be solidly Large Town over Bubsy’s …building, ish. While Bubsy can get in the Hypersonic ranges, Gex is pretty solidly in the Relativistic ranges due to the electricity and lasers he’s dodged in the past, making him king of the stat trinity no matter what you give him. And unfortunately for Bubsy, things aren’t getting much better from there. Gex generally has a better arsenal overall, even if Bubsy has some superior hax, and his revives could give Gex some trouble, it wouldn’t really add up to that much considering the Gecko’s superior stats and better invincibility forms. And finally, Gex is both far smarter than Bubsy and a lot more skilled thanks to his talents as a secret agent, meaning that Bubsy really doesn’t have much to stand on here. While he could take a few wins with his transmutation or his reality warping, he’s not really reliant on these in a fight and he wouldn’t pull them out in most scenarios, while Gex just… kinda has to hit him once. Guess you could say the chances of Bubsy winning were inpawsible!


Of course he wouldn’t. That idiot has no way of ever beating me.


Gex out.


Fine…


The winner is Gex the Gecko.

Final Tally

Bubsy (1) - Clockboxxer (this is a pity point) PITY?!


Gex (7) -  Cabbage, door-kun, Spidey, Round 1 Fight, Roxx, Tario, therealgnomechompski,



Just One More Thing…

Spidey

Hi guys just gonna come in and say this MU is my most wanted of all time just for how dumb fun it is. Gex is one my favorite fictional characters of all time and despite his reputation Bubsy is a fun character who is more of a “Character so bad he’s good” type to me. It’s been a pleasure being on this blog and I can’t thank Bang enough for it. Hope you guys enjoy it. (Also my blog K. Rool vs King Pig will be out probably this week)


Hi this is clockboxxer I killed bubsy my bad vote for mewtwo vs shadow aha ha

Next Time…



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bang's Blogs: Sadako vs Slenderman

Bang's Blogs: Revan vs Dark Urge

Bang's Blogs: Link vs Tarnished